The overall objective of the PLOME project is to design, develop and validate several key aspects that will enable the proposed concept. To do so, 7 objectives will be tackled:
- O.1: To design a framework for deep-sea marine monitoring with a platform of fixed and mobile systems.
- O.2: To develop technological capabilities to enable the prolonged deployment of AUVs at deep-sea for marine observation
- O.3: To develop interconnected long-lasting stand-alone stations as a strategic multiparametric platform for continuous ecosystem monitoring.
- O.4: To develop an effective communication strategy combining heterogeneous technologies for the operation of the different deployed systems.
- O.5: To develop techniques for processing and analyzing different kinds of marine data gathered from mobile and fixed stations.
- O.6: To conduct demonstrations of the overall PLOME concept and new developments in real operational scenarios
- O.7: To disseminate the project outcomes to target audiences and key stakeholders, including policymakers, and ensure that the results live on in the research community and in a commercial context.